New York Film Academy Logo

International Students

Please take notice - visas take time to process. We strongly suggest that you contact the International Office ( immediately after you apply to the school, to start the process!

An I-20 Certificate of Eligibility is needed in order to apply for a student visa at a US Consulate. Canadians do not need to apply for a visa, but do need the I-20 to enter the US in student status.

To obtain an I-20:
First apply to the school (either online or by mailing an application. There is $150 International Student application fee. After you are admitted we will then contact you to get the information needed to create the I-20.

You will need to provide evidence that you have the funds available to pay for the entire cost of your tuition and living expenses.

An interview at a US Embassy or Consulate is required to apply for a visa. It can take from a few days to a few months to get an interview, please contact the US Embassy in your country to determine how long it takes to get an interview and be granted a visa.

If you are currently in the US as a student on an F-1 visa you can transfer your I-20 to NYFA. If you are here in another status, please inquire with us.

International Office

As medical costs can be unexpectedly high in the U.S. , the New York Film Academy requires students to have health insurance coverage for the duration of any New York Film Academy program. Students may choose to find a policy on their own, or they may contact the insurance provider below for, reasonably priced short term coverage.

You can apply online or contact ISO (International Student Organization) Insurance to request an application.

Phone: 212-262-8918

In addition to health insurance, the New York Film Academy strongly advises students to purchase travel insurance as well.